Friday, July 9, 2010

Flower Deliveries

Same Day Flower Delivery It's Your Day Bouquet

Same Day Flower Delivery It's Your Day Bouquet

One of the many odd jobs I tried when I was in college was flower deliveries. Though I was not initially hired for this position, it ended up being part of my job. I did not work very long at this job, as I only had so many hours during the week that were free. It was only a matter of weeks before I decided this was not the job for me. Though I enjoy the rest of the job, the deliveries were just too much.

I don’t know to this day why delivering flowers was so hard for me. You would think that getting flowers would be a great thing for anyone, and that it would feel good to make people smile. For some reason, I found that I did not enjoy flower deliveries in the least. I guess that makes me strange, and there’s really nothing I can say to argue with that. I didn’t mind cleaning the windows or doing other odd things here and there, but when it came time for a delivery I would wish I was anywhere but at work.

I’d not saying that I don’t love flower deliveries, I just like it when I am the one being delivered to. There was just something annoying about having to go through fifteen different people in order to complete the flower deliveries. This job was in the city of Pittsburgh and perhaps that was why it was so hard. At one point, it took me three hours to do a single delivery. My boss told me that this was quite normal, and that was why they had a hard time keeping people hired to do flower deliveries. With security being as high as it was, it was next to impossible to get into anywhere to simply deliver a bouquet of flowers.

Perhaps if I had done flower deliveries in a smaller area I would have enjoyed it more. In fact, I am pretty sure this would be the case. Flowers are wonderful to get, and I know that when I get them my face lights up with happiness. I would think that no matter how stressed out you might be, doing flower deliveries for a job could indeed be a wonderful experience. I guess if working from home does not end up working out for me at a later time perhaps I could give flower deliveries another try.

No comments:

Post a Comment